Frank Lill & Son, Inc. is an industry leader in the field of biomass power production. We have a wide array of experience in greenfield biomass plant construction, biomass conversions, and maintenance of bioenergy facilities of all sizes.
Our firm boasts an experienced team of engineers and constructors with vast biomass plant construction experience, fuel handling experience, ash handling experience, and wood yard construction/layout experience. No matter the size or complexity of your facility, Frank Lill & Son, Inc. can take your project from conception to completion.
Over the years we have worked on multiple biomass projects in a wide array of roles. Frank Lill & Son, Inc. is more than capable of acting as an EPC Contractor (Engineering, Procurement, Construction), GC (General Contractor), CM (Construction Manager), DB (Design Builder), or Critical Mechanical Erector on biomass projects of any size.
Select list of Biomass Projects:
- Boise Cascade/Lewis Mill - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. provided turnkey construction and project management services to erect a Combustion Power Company electro-scrubber with all auxiliaries including a baghouse, scrubber, mechanical dust collector, pumps, etc.
- International Paper - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. has performed extensive maintenance work at this facility, including a total superheater replacement project and the installation of a new Detroit Stoker Dump Grate for biomass combustion on IP’s 600,000# St./Hr. Zurn Power Boiler.
- Meadow Lake Bioenergy Center - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. is currently performing preconstruction services for this 40 MW Bioenergy Center located in Meadow Lake Saskatchewan. Frank Lill & Son, Inc. is currently contracted to provide total design/build EPC services on this project.
- Lyonsdale Bioenergy Center - Total mechanical installation of a 21 MW wood fired power plant. We continue to handle any maintenance needs for this facility.
- Pine Tree Power - This project was for the alteration and replacement of the superheaters on a Zurn 180,000# St./Hr. biomass fired boiler at a biomass power plant.
- McNeil Station - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. was awarded a contract from the Energy Division of Zurn Industries, Inc. to perform complete trim piping, code welding, stress relieving, etc. on a 480,000# St./Hr. wood burning Zurn boiler having a design pressure of 1500 PSIG. The contract also included the installation of all char return and reinjection piping associated with the project.
- Finch Pruyn Paper Co - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. upgraded a Zurn 150,000# St./Hr. bark boiler to convert from 400 psi steam pressure to 1000 psi steam pressure. Extensive pressure part repairs and alternations along with auxiliary equipment replacement and modifications were required as a part of this project. Two 100,000# St./Hr. package boilers were also totally rebuilt and altered during this project.
- Gowanda Psychiatric Center - General Contract to install a 35,000# St./Hr. wood fired steam generator system addition in an existing Central Heating Plant.
- Loring Air Force Base - A Recent EPC project that called for the installation of a wood pellet boiler for heating of the local Job Corps barracks.
- Newton Falls Paper Co. - Prepared a demolition and key plant equipment relocation plan for a 140,000# St./Hr. wood fired power plant.
- Black River Cogen - This recent project called for us to perform boiler renovations and repairs on existing coal fired Pyro Power CFB boilers being converted to biomass.
- Plainfield Connecticut - Frank Lill & Son, Inc. performed LNTP studies and preliminary engineering for a 42MW biomass fired EPI boiler generating plant.